Whew what a year 2020 was. I am so grateful to be starting a new year with my family, I know many do not have the same luxury. I do not take this for granted.
My little T-REX went back to school to day and stomach is full of fear. My oldest is on anti-depressants, 2020 has been very hard on them. I keep thinking about the struggle of it all, it is easy to loose sight of all the great things that have happened this year. I don’t want to dwell, so here is my top 10 good things that happened to my family.
- I started a NEW Job and I get paid to write! Like that has been my goal for years now.
- T-REX finally adjusted to glasses and now his eyes are officially no longer getting worse every visit! That’s pretty big for being 6!
- We had a garden, we increased our chicken flock. Husband is enjoying the heck out of them everyday and already planning our spring garden.
- Sister has developed a nice little following on their Instagram for Art. Kinda a Big Deal to a 12 year old.
- Husband while still super stressed is finally getting control of his anxiety and managing the physical side effects.
- I started my health journey. While I don’t feel great everyday, I think the fact that it is happening is a positive.
- Grandpa and his dogs got their own little house.
- We cleaned out our garage, that alone deserves a gold star.
- T-REX sleeps in his own room!
- We spent time together, from board games to movies. We just hung out together.
For every bad thing that directly happened to us, something okay-ish, good, wonderful came from it. While it was a struggle, 2020 taught me to be more selfish and selfless.